Current Job Opportunities at FUEL
FUEL is one of Northern Ireland’s leading providers of IT systems to small and medium sized business, public sector, and not-for–profit organisations. We have been a Sage Business Partner for more than 20 years, and are also Northern Ireland’s leading SAP Business One Partner.
1. FUEL are currently seeking to recruit a Software Developer.
Due to continued growth in our business software division, we are seeking to recruit a Software Developer who will join an ambitious and motivated team to work on a wide variety of customer projects. We are looking for candidates with experience in scoping, designing, creating and implementing applications; both standalone and integrated with ERP systems such as Sage 50, Sage 200, or SAP Business One.
About the Role
Based on clients’ requirements, the successful applicant will provide business and functional expertise to discuss and design potential solutions, or will quality assure and recommend changes to designs provided by other parties. Typically they will assist the Directors in scoping and planning the project tasks relevant to the specific functional area.
The role is focused on building applications which address client’s business process requirements. You will be involved in the design of the solution, create the application, and assist in the roll-out to the customer and end- users. This requires expertise in processes and systems – with an emphasis on implementing ‘best in class’ processes meeting key performance metrics for clients’ businesses.
The candidates will be expected to build-up a solid internal knowledge-based network and to contribute actively to the development of the business.
• Scoping of customer requirements and solution design.
• Assisting sales team with estimation of development time for projects.
• Contribute actively to the design, delivery and support of a range of business software solutions.
• Develop database designs when required for the application.
• Analyse and evaluate program code and identify appropriate modifications and enhancements to existing systems.
• Modify programs in order to correct errors and optimise systems performance.
• Implementation of software, possibly including on-site installation and user training.
• Develop and execute system test plans to ensure application performance conforms to specifications.
• Demonstration of software at project milestones.
• Perform all necessary technical duties needed to deliver applications within agreed timescale and budget.
• Work with other members of the team to provide proactive and reactive support to clients.
• SQL Server
• Windows application development e.g. Win-forms and MVC
• Experience of integration with third party software
• Ability to work with senior stakeholders
• An effective communicator
• Understanding of financial systems (i.e. knowledge of basic accounting transactions)
• Demonstrates experience of engaging clients on delivery issues, and experience of communication activities such as Conference Room Pilots and Training Workshops.
• Experience of developing with Sage or SAP platforms (ideally Sage 200).
• Experience of mobile application development
Between £35,000 and £40,000
Please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. FUEL are currently seeking to recruit a IT Systems Support - Permanent Full Time contract.
Based in our Portadown HQ, your objective will be to provide IT support and other services relating to the operation of our clients’ IT systems and projects on a day-to-day basis. This will involve logging of and managing support tickets from entry to ultimate completion.
Ideally you will have demonstrable experience of:
• System Support, ideally in areas such as Sage or other ERP, Accounting or Payroll software.
• Building and maintaining working relationships with customers in a professional manner, and engaging with colleagues and directors at a senior level.
• SQL knowledge, including writing of queries.
On top of a competitive salary, this role will be an excellent opportunity for the successful applicant to gain valuable experience working as part of an enthusiastic team with a great variety of client organisations.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to email@example.com, or call us now on 028 3839 3839.
We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. We are an equal opportunities employer, and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
We have exciting plans for the future - be part of them!
Human Resources Manager
25 Carn Road
T: +44 (0)28 3839 3839
F: +44 (0)28 3839 3838